[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Pedestrian lane

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 21:53:30 UTC 2019

currently your proposal is a description of the physical appearance of the feature, but for highways what is needed are usually functional and legal definitions. A cycleway is a way designated for bicycles, a motorway excludes slow traffic, and so on.
To make sense of a pedestrian lane it would either have to bear implications on different modes of transport (e.g. in Switzerland motor vehicles can use this lane, unlike sidewalks or other footways), or we would have to state these for every instance of it (like we do for example with gates).
currently the proposal doesn’t say anything about it.

Cheers Martin