[Tagging] emergency=no on hospitals is ambiguous

Francesco Ansanelli francians at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 10:16:27 UTC 2019

Il dom 3 nov 2019, 10:22 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> sent from a phone
>
> Il giorno 3 nov 2019, alle ore 09:13, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> the confusion is that emergency may refer to rooms, but usually in
> OpenStreetMap it refers to access for emergency vehicles.
>

> actually emergency is a well defined key for emergency vehicle access AND
> for emergency related features
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:emergency

That's the meaning that I'd like to preserve... The problem is:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dhospital

If you know whether or not the hospital in question is equipped to deal
with emergencies - this is called A&E (accidents and emergencies) in the UK
and ER (emergency room) in the US - then you can add emergency
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:emergency>=* with a value of "yes"
or "no".