[Tagging] Is there a good way to indicate "pushing bicycle not allowed here"?

Allroads allroadsworld at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 11:35:58 UTC 2019

Yes, indeed, and not only for motorcycle.
also moped and mofa.
There is law that says, pushing the mofa, moped, motorcycle, you must follow
the rules of a pedestrian.
It also says, where the pedestrian should walk, first on a footway, if that
is not there, on cycleway, if that is not there, the verge or the side of
the road.
Trafficsign
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6b/Nederlands_verkeersbord_C11.svg/60px-Nederlands_verkeersbord_C11.svg.png
Law says, the "vehicle" the "motorcycle" is forbidden to use the lane of the
road after this sign, when passing the sign. The above rule overrules is,
pushing is then allowed, rules of the pedestrian to follow.
Or undersign, where in text "the vehicle" is mentioned/forbidden.

Then there are these privat access_signs, with text,  where mostly "the
vehicle" is mentioned in text, not the mode of transportation.

Not only for bicycle dismount is used. These mofa moped motorcycle, need
also wiki pages.

Where "the vehicle" is forbidden, by sign or by text.
Take a value, that others can use too.

? Just a thought!
bicycle=no_vehicle
mofa=no_vehicle
moped=no_vehicle
motorcycle=no_vehicle
?
If you can solve it with a value, do not use a new key!
Otherwise the two keys can be used next to each other, we must avoid this.
no_vehicle is a hard no.
Easier to use for routers, I think, then checking multiple tags.
My point is, which method to use, it should be useable for more kinds of
transportation.
If? use a new key, other transportation modes need also such a key.
Do not vote for one key, make them all at once.

>to document why it is used and why it is anyway duplicate of bicycle=no.

Routers, do not use the bicycle=no as strict as, because "OSM tagging
intention".
quote from Brouter discussion, 19/20 September
>Hm, but in very most cases, bicycle=no is used effectively in sense of
>bicycle=dismount, not in in sense No bicycles here.
>The only relevant interpretation of bicycle=no is the OSM tagging
>intention, not what I or you think about it.
https://github.com/abrensch/brouter/issues/79

We need a hard and strict no.
I need to express the access, so that routers do not use no as a dismount.
I know it is the routers choice. But I want no bicycles there when i set a
tag.

People use also:
bicycle=privat, what is the meaning of that? pushing a bike is allowed?

Allroads.