[Tagging] Is there a good way to indicate "pushing bicycle not allowed here"?

Mark Wagner mark+osm at carnildo.com
Wed Nov 6 18:55:20 UTC 2019

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 15:17:55 +0100
Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Mi., 6. Nov. 2019 um 12:47 Uhr schrieb Allroads
> <allroadsworld at gmail.com
> >:
>
> > Not only for bicycle dismount is used. These mofa moped motorcycle,
> > need also wiki pages.
>
> IMHO we need neither bicycle=dismount, nor similar tags for mofas,
> mopeds, motorcycles and other vehicles. If you dismount, you are a
> pedestrian (according to many jurisdictions), and the tagging for
> "foot" already covers your usecase / mode of transportation.

Many jurisdictions?  Yes.  All jurisdictions?  No.

There are places like federal Wilderness Areas in the United States
where possession of a bicycle is forbidden: it doesn't matter if you're
riding it, walking it, or carrying it, it's not allowed.  We need some
way of tagging this restriction, so that routers know not to send
bicyclists along these trails.

--
Mark