[Tagging] Is there a good way to indicate "pushing bicycle not allowed here"?

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Thu Nov 7 21:13:49 UTC 2019

On 11/7/2019 2:09 PM, Mark Wagner wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 10:26:14 +0000
> marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ere possession of a bicycle is forbidden
>> can you share the a picture of this traffic sign ?
>>
> It's a sign for a state natural area rather than a federal wilderness
> area, and the situation is a little fuzzy on walking bicycles (it
> depends on what "operate" means), but the sign, if present, might
> look something like this: https://imgur.com/4qOuNmf
>
> It's also possible that the sign would simply be something like
> "entering Wenaha-Tucannon Wilderness" with a standard "no bicycles"
> symbol, with "no bicycles" being understood to mean "no possession of
> bicycles" rather than "no riding bicycles".

This is a typical US wilderness area
sign:https://i.imgur.com/7YQOhgIl.jpg <https://i.imgur.com/7YQOhgIl.jpg>

Here's a pictographic variation: https://i.imgur.com/K5afLpOl.jpg

In neither case is the ride/push distinction called out. But if forest
rangers see me with a bike, telling them "I was just pushing it" isn't
going to prevent a hefty fine.

Depending on where you enter a park or wilderness area, you may or may
not pass an info board like this, with more explicit details about
regulations: https://i.imgur.com/uYQg0DPl.jpg

Possibly there would be a specific prohibition of
pushing/carrying/possession of bicycles somewhere in there. But even
without these detailed rules, if I saw any kind of "no bicycle" rule or
sign, I would infer that dismounted pushing was also prohibited.