[Tagging] the nature of large-scale paid edits (was Re: Service road)

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 21:58:41 UTC 2019

On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 at 07:34, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us> wrote:

> Every time I've contacted one of the Amazon's team, they have responded
> and taken responsibility to update their edits. We should first try to
> contact them before going through DWG.

I certainly didn't mean to come on heavy, just a friendly "Hi, this has
been happening - do you have guidelines for your staff? If so, could you
please share them with us"

This thread shows the number of opinions on how to map service roads.

I've just been having a conversation with someone who thought that named
streets in an industrial estate should be service roads as they wouldn't
usually be used by the general public. That's a discussion for a separate
thread though!

> BTW my driveway is a shared driveway. I've mapped it as a driveway.

On the subject of mapping driveways - do people only map up to the front
fence (especially in suburban areas), or all the way to the garage / house
ie everything visible on aerial imagery?

Thanks

Graeme