[Tagging] Supermarket pick-up service

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Fri Nov 8 16:30:45 UTC 2019

On 08.11.2019 13:40, Philip Barnes wrote:
 > Its not a shop, you don't buy anything there.

In my local case, the payment is done at collection time with any method the main marked uses,
i.e. cash and card. Thus I'd call it a shop

 > Maybe supermarket=customer_collect or customer_pickup. Collect fits my British English ears
better than pickup, that means something a bit different.

Indeed having 'collect' in the value sounds better than pick-up.

 > They are covered, so the customer can drive in, so maybe borrow the drive_through tag from fast
food outlets.
 > Not all are attached to the supermarket, others are a separate building in the car park.

That layout sounds more like a loading point?

On 08.11.2019 16:02, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> I encountered shop=outpost used for that
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Doutpost
>
> May be poor name - AFAIK it never went through a proposal process and appeared in non-english
> countries first, but is fairly popular.

I find "outpost" completely misleading (usage <500). An outpost is a small military position at some
distance from the main army, a remote part of a country, or an isolated branch of something (Oxford
dict). It has nothing to do with the collection of pre-ordered goods.

tom