[Tagging] How to tag Seveso sites ?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 23:39:54 UTC 2019

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 at 09:21, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> what kind of risk is the risk_level addressing? “chemical” is very
> generic, may be fine for the first level but should get a more detailed
> subtag aside. Also we should maybe distinguish between sites with supposed
> contamination and those where certain substances have already been detected.

I've never heard of any of the 3 mentioned types of "hazardous" sites!, but
from what has been said, Seveso & the other terms are used for sites that
could potentially be hazardous, & the governing body has determined that
"this spot" is potentially "very" dangerous, while these one's aren't so
bad.

I'd suggest we run with the level of risk determined by the authorities?

I don't think that it's a thing that a mapper walking past the front gate
is going to be able to say "Aha, this is a Soveso Class 1 plant"! (Unless,
of course, it's signposted that way, & I'd sort of doubt that!)

Thanks

Graeme