[Tagging] emergency=ambulance_station vs amenity=fire_station

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 11 14:36:14 UTC 2019

On 11/11/2019 02:20, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> If this is about Openstreetmap-carto, there is now an open issue:
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3968 - note
> that rendering area features in the "emergency=" key, like this, would
> require reloading the database on the openstreetmap.org servers.

it wasn't about rendering really, it was just the illogical use of keys
making it more awkward for all database users.

I gave up on referring to anything relating to OSM-carto issues for
precisely the reason you highlight - to render
emergency=ambulance_station It requires a database reload which is only
performed "*every few years*". #Ridiculous

DaveF