[Tagging] emergency=ambulance_station vs amenity=fire_station

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 14:44:43 UTC 2019

DaveF, reloading the database could be done more often, but it does
take time and server resources, and everyone is a volunteer. People
can help by donating money to the OSMF to help run the servers, or
donating time to help improve the openstreetmap.org website
infrastructure.

At Openstreetmap-carto there are over 400 open issues
(https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues), and a
particular request is more likely to happen if a contributor
volunteers to do the work. In this case the first step would be to
decide which tags under `emergency=` should be treated as polygons
when mapped as closed ways, and then submitting a PR (pull request) to
add these for the next database reload, which might happen soon, if
enough people are interested in making it happen.

- Joseph Eisenberg