[Tagging] shop=ice_cream vs amenity=ice_cream and OSM Wiki vs tagging

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 00:09:25 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 11. Nov 2019, at 14:38, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think these are important distinctions: consume on the premises or off
> the premises.  They are different operating models and customers have different
> expectations.

indeed, and you can buy alcohol in a lot of different places, like ice cream. I agree despite all the differences, one could also find a lot of similarities. E.g.  there is quality alcohol like good wine, or microbreweries, and there is industrial mass production. And nobody questions we have a lot of different tags for places where you can buy alcohol, because apart from the kind of alcohol people are aware that different settings merit different tags. A pub is different to a bar, although they might seem the same to an alien: a place where you stay to drink alcohol with your friends and strangers.

Cheers Martin