[Tagging] disguised communication towers

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 13:55:13 UTC 2019

Am Do., 14. Nov. 2019 um 11:01 Uhr schrieb Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com>:

> > tower:construction seems a tag that describes different orthogonal
> properties according to the mostly used values. Some describe a structural
> system (eg. lattice, guyed lattice, tube), others a shape (e.g. dish,
> dome), others a structural property (freestanding), others a material
> (stone, steel, metal, concrete). It’s a complete mess, and concealed fits
> nicely by adding yet another different kind of property to it ;-)
>
> I think dish and dome are for the antenna. A dome would be a cover to keep
> stuff out of the real antenna surface - usually a dish.

Right, what I meant was that something can be a freestanding lattice tower
and made of metal. Or a dome covered guyed lattice tower. Usually the same
key should describe the same property, not sometimes a material, sometimes
a structural system and sometimes the cover of an antenna...

Cheers,
Martin