[Tagging] Additional detail of Levee mapping via embankments

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 10:50:30 UTC 2019

On 11/16/19 9:21 AM, John Willis via Tagging wrote:

> Still looking for feedback on the idea, Specifically:
>
> - lower base way or area sharing nodes with the top line in embankment / cutting, etc?
>
> - relation or no relation needed?
>
> - map levee with embankment pairs, or map with two pairs of levee specific tags in a relation with the =dyke way?
>
> Javbw

To be honest, I'd be worried about overcomplicating things.  A
complicated scheme dreamt up here isn't going to get taken up by
anyone.  Additionally I suspect that quite a lot of people thinking
about mapping these features are doing so from imagery, and while
embankments are visible from imagery once you've been to an area and
seen what they look like, other features may not be.

One thing that might help would be to edit an area on the dev server
https://master.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org (perhaps several areas, in
different ways) and invite people to comment on that.

Best Regards,

Andy