[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - footway=link

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Nov 19 03:23:09 UTC 2019

First off I like this proposal and agree that it be applied more broadly.
However there is a difference between a motorway=link (and similar) and a
footway=link. A motorway=link is a physical feature unlike a footway=link.
A footway=link is more of an attempt to bridge vector representation of a
footway and how it connects to a vector representation of a road. In
reality, they are adjacent features. If highways=* were drawn as areas, we
wouldn't need a footway link but still need a motorway=link. Then there is
the question of how footway=link should be rendered. I would be happy with
a dashed gray line to indicate that it's just a connection for a router.

Best,
Clifford

--
@osm_washington