[Tagging] Business which sells static caravans / mobile homes: shop=mobile_home or shop=static_caravan?

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 16:48:21 UTC 2019

On 19/11/2019 01:42, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:

> Right now there is a page documenting "shop=mobile_home" which is used
> only 14 times -
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dmobile_home
>
> But is seems like this isn't the right terminology in British English.
> What would be better? shop=static_caravan perhaps?

The term 'mobile home' is definitely British English, and there is a
series of Mobile Homes Acts regulating them. But I do not have much
familarity with the subject, and do not know whether a distinction is
made between mobile homes and static caravans in general usage. There is
also a term 'park home', which I think designates the more permanent
type of residential home within this category (but informally, probably
not in the legislation).

--
Steve