[Tagging] Additional detail of Levee mapping via embankments

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Nov 20 08:01:23 UTC 2019

Although they are constructed the same (pile of dirt), they are named and mapped differently. The man_made=levee tag exists, and I just want to extend it.

Perhaps the man_made=embankment
Can have a embankment=* to tag different types of berms and other man-made slopes, but in this case, the levee is already mapped by the =dyke tag.

Maybe I missed something (I’ll re-read it), but I am not sure they can be shared.

Thanks for the thought.

Javbw