[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Small electric vehicles

Jan Michel jan at mueschelsoft.de
Sat Nov 23 11:09:13 UTC 2019

Thanks for the details in the Belgian law!

On 22.11.19 19:17, s8evq wrote:
> We currently have Class A (mofa, up to 25 km/h). Class B (moped up to 45 km/h) and now Class P (speed pedelec up to 45 km / h).
>
> Some examples:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:C3_met_jaagpad_met_uitzondering_voor_speed_pedelecs.png
> Class A (mofa) and P (speedpedelec) allowed, not B (moped)
>

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/4/44/M11NL.png
> This sign makes an exception for regular bicycle and speed pedelecs in for example one way streets, but not for mofa or mopeds.
Thanks for these links, let me add this to the list of examples.

> So in Belgium, I think we do need a specific access tag for speed pedelecs. People have been using moped_p=* for a while now, but this never went through the proposal process.

To summarize, there is a special class for speed pedelecs, called
moped_p at the moment. This term seems to be used only in Belgian law,
but not in other countries. I would opt to change it for an equally
unique, but globally usable tag like the proposed 'speed_pedelec'. This
keeps the interpretation of data much simpler, even if there are some
country-specific details in the definition of this class.