[Tagging] Long term detour routes ?(construction, disaster)

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sun Nov 24 03:32:56 UTC 2019

Tagging cycling roads on levees.

Levees have construction projects that can be years in length (building a new sluice gate, enlarging the levee), and the route is detoured around this construction.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/36.1327/139.7509

Route=detour exists for *permanent alternate* routes that exist in addition to the existing route (per the wiki).

But For these detour segments on the cycling route I am mapping, they are the *only option* (the regular route is physically gone), so I’m thinking the route relation role=detour onto these ways.

In this particular example, the detour route was destroyed by the typhoon. I mapped a second detour route above.

Javbw