[Tagging] Several different boxes on the same pole

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 22:27:33 UTC 2019

Thank you all for useful hints.

Le dim. 24 nov. 2019 à 22:01, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> there’s a proposal for a relation type=node which allows for several point
> objects with just one geometry object (could be semantically enriched by
> mapping the pole with the node, the boxes (type=node relations) could get
> the pole as member with an “attached_to”-role).

This one could be interesting in regard of quantity of stored data and
redundancy reduced by the use of relations.
Nevertheless, editors should be improved to let users edit simpler things
than relations for type=node to be usable.

I may recommend Marc marc approach in this proposal, and wait for a wider
support to map sharing-pole distribution points as node relation.
Anyway, it's not specific to telecom distribution points.

Le ven. 22 nov. 2019 à 23:56, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Site relation?

It's not applicable here : site relation requires to already have dedicated
and independent features, which we are looking for here.

Document has been slightly updated and RFC is going on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Telecom_distribution_points#Proposal

All the best

François