[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - footway=link

Allroads allroadsworld at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 10:17:08 UTC 2019

Then there is a tag as placement=transition.

This have also a kind of connection link function.

When we split a road by a traffic island we use placement=transition for
that part from middle of the road to middle of the lane.

(1) placement

                      ------------------------------ lane
                  /(1)
road ====             ooooooooooo
                 \(1)
                    -------------------------------- lane

I asked myself, when you go from a road to the designated cycleway, that
connection, is that also placement=transition.

========
                 \
                   \(1)
                      - - - - - - - - -  cycleway

Or at a junction where cycleway have two oneway to connect.

If we think about it further, where more does this tag fit?

Allroads