[Tagging] Barrier=berm

Jan Michel jan at mueschelsoft.de
Thu Nov 28 07:56:01 UTC 2019

Hi Graeme,

On 26.11.19 03:50, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Following the recent discussions of protective walls, I've created a
> page for barrier=berm https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dberm

I think it's a good idea to have a dedicated tag for this type of walls.
I don't want to comment on the name - this is something native speakers
should decide. But I have some comments:

- We should have a defined way to tag the purpose of the berm - e.g.
berm = noise_barrier

- How do we separate berms and dams along rivers? Their physical
appearance and structure is identical, only the purpose is different.

- If mapped as a way, how is the width=* of the object defined? At the
bottom? At half the height?

Jan