[Tagging] Tagging meadow orchards

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Fri Oct 4 14:17:14 UTC 2019

On 03.10.2019 21:12, Markus wrote:
> How shall we remain now? Can we agree on on a single way of tagging in
> order that this discussion doesn't come up again in a year or two?
>
> I still think that landuse=meadow_orchard (as well as
> landuse=silvopasture for forest and pasture) is the best option. The
> other used or proposed tags demand from mappers that they define which
> land use is more important than the other. However, such a choice is
> arbitrary.

I reviewed the thread and found the most convincing argument that the subtagging solution is already
the preferred tagging in 2787 cases (according to overpass, most of them in Germany). It helps to
prevent tag fragmentation and will not lead to crying how to render it. I also think it is the best
option semantically.

This contrasts 48 cases of landuse=meadow_orchard, only in DE and CH.

tom