[Tagging] How to map Irish pubs?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 23:48:55 UTC 2019

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 00:36, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> the way we are dealing with these distinctions of eating and drinking
> places is mostly main tags, and subtags only for subtleties. A tiki bar
> could get amenity=bar, or maybe I’m misguided (I’m not familiar with the
> kind of place)?

 It serves elaborate cocktails and is themed around Polynesian culture.
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki_bar

It's a bar, just as an Irish pub is a pub, and a Cowboy bar is a bar...
We're into subtleties,
not main tags.  Possibly worth mapping so people can decide if they are
desperate enough
for alcohol to go there.  Probably not worth mapping because most pub
themes, with the
possible exception of Irish bars, tend to change themes every few years
because people
get bored with them.

--
Paul