[Tagging] Junction=Approach

Peter Neale nealepb at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 09:57:18 UTC 2019

Help, please.
I have been wandering around my local area in OSM (from my armchair), looking for things that need fixing, which I either know about from going past them every day, or can easily visit.
Using the iD editor and clicking on "issues" shows a large number of instances of:
'<roadname> should be a closed area based on the tag "junction=approach"'
All those that I have looked at are the final section of road approaching (or leaving) a roundabout.  https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/204279022   is typical.
I can find no documentation on "junction-approach" in the Wiki, but I think I can just delete the tag, as it seems to add nothing.
Overpass turbo (I am NOT an expert user of this tool) shows 1249 ways with this tag in the UK.

Any advice on how I can deal with these?

Regards,Peter