[Tagging] Cycling relation misuse

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Oct 11 10:37:33 UTC 2019

John Willis wrote:
> I want to delete these fake “mountain workout” relations that
> should be mapped in strava or a similar workout app.

Fully agree. Go for it.

OSM is for verifiable, signposted cycle routes and verifiable, real cycling
infrastructure. If a route is on the way to being signposted then it can be
mapped with state=proposed.

There are literally millions of personal favourite rides in guidebooks and
on third-party websites but with no supporting evidence on the ground. There
is no place for these in OSM.

(I have a fair few lines of code in cycle.travel's rendering and routing
codes to blacklist certain routes in OSM which are made up or otherwise
unsuitable.)

Richard

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Tagging-f5258744.html