[Tagging] Divided highways, and not so divided highways, one way or two

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 13:27:11 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 5:21 AM Snusmumriken
<snusmumriken.mapper at runbox.com> wrote:
> My assumption is that pedestrian routing engine would stick to
> sidewalks and crossings and not to tell the pedestrian to cross a
> street where there is no crossing. The individual pedestrian can of
> course make up his own mind what legal/physical risks are acceptable to
> save a bit of time

You surely don't live in my neighbourhood!  Aside from the fact that
there are no sidewalks on the residential streets, I don't think there
is any place where the tertiary road to the north has a marked
crossing. The routing engine that you imagine would say, "you can't
get there from here." I admit that the town isn't pedestrian-friendly,
but I still walk to work daily.
--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin