[Tagging] Divided highways, and not so divided highways, one way or two

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 14:32:03 UTC 2019

Then you wouldn’t tag separate carriageways on that particular way. In my country, lots of roads have carriageways separated by two lines with a green paint band of 1 m in between. I understand this is a type of european lining. Sometimes there is grass in between for a stretch, or vertical barrier. Roundabouts are the favoured kind of crossings, the green band usually widens there and gets stripes, sometimes kerbs
and grassy areas, ideal for placing giant billboards or artistic objects.

I would not hesitate to map these as two ways. The sections approaching roundabouts already are mapped separate.

Mvg Peter Elderson