[Tagging] theme it is for me then | Re: How to map Irish pubs?

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Tue Oct 15 02:36:23 UTC 2019

> There are in some areas pubs that would merit a brand tag (maybe it is
> generally common), they have the beer logo aside their name on the
> sign, beer mats, menus, glasses , sunshades, everything can be branded
> (it could happen they’re “recycling” material like glasses or beer
> mats from a different brand, but usually you would get the beer on the
> sign as draft beer). For example in Berlin, there are the infamous
> “Schultheis-Eckkneipe”n
> https://eckkneipen.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/zur_gemuetlichen_ecke_ansicht.jpg?w=614&h=410
>
> or Berliner Kindl
> https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Eckkneipe_in_Berlin-Kreuzberg%2C_2009.jpg
>
> these places do not change brand frequently, and verifiability in
> Germany is typically quite good (means the signs are big ;) )

My understanding is that this was the original purpose of the "brewery"
key -- to specify the brewery associated with a particular
establishment. It's drifted from that purpose ("brewery=yes" is the most
popular value by an order of magnitude) but I still feel it's a better
fit for this purpose than "brand".