[Tagging] theme it is for me then | Re: How to map Irish pubs?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 08:23:38 UTC 2019

Am Di., 15. Okt. 2019 um 04:39 Uhr schrieb Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com>:

> On 10/14/2019 6:07 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
> > There are in some areas pubs that would merit a brand tag (maybe it is
> > generally common), they have the beer logo aside their name on the
> > sign, beer mats, menus, glasses , sunshades, everything can be branded
>

> My understanding is that this was the original purpose of the "brewery"
> key -- to specify the brewery associated with a particular
> establishment. It's drifted from that purpose ("brewery=yes" is the most
> popular value by an order of magnitude) but I still feel it's a better
> fit for this purpose than "brand".

look at brand how it is used for petrol stations, that's very similar.
"brewery"=yes makes a lot of sense, if the scope was associated breweries,
the key for that should better be called associated_brewery. It is a bit
more to type, but it makes it so much clearer and can be intuitively
understood.

Cheers,
Martin