[Tagging] How to tag pedestrian lanes?

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 09:24:56 UTC 2019

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019 at 23:02, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1, or e.g. sidewalk:right=lane
> there are a few instances tagged like this: https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/sidewalk%3Aright=lane

18 out of 30 are additionally tagged sidewalk=right. I think it's
better to keep "sidewalk" out, otherwise it gets too confusing.

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 at 08:41, John Willis via Tagging
<tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I tag the green line as a highway=path and add a note=* to the way.
>
> One example I have seen is much larger, and is a new “lane” created by converting a 2-way road to 1-way and giving the margin to pedestrians.
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/667338935.

Mapping a lane as a separate way isn't ideal, because this separates
the lane from the rest of the roadway, leading to routing problems:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=fossgis_osrm_foot&route=36.40695%2C139.33347%3B36.40655%2C139.33423

Cheers

Markus