[Tagging] Hunting stands, bird and wildlife hides

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Tue Oct 22 15:32:20 UTC 2019

On 10/22/2019 10:36 AM, Ilya Zverev wrote:
> I understand the reasoning, but I don’t see how can I follow the
> “truth on the ground” principle. Are there any guidelines on choosing
> the correct tag? For some reason people don’t write its purpose on a
> side. And again, images in three of these pages are the same.

My suggestion:

- Does you believe it's for hunting? Tag amenity=hunting_stand (almost
1000 times more popular than hunting=raised_hide).
- Do you believe it's primarily for bird watching? Tag leisure=bird_hide.
- Neither of the above but it still appears to be for watching wildlife?
Tag leisure=wildlife_hide.
- It's a tower but you're not sure what it's for? Tag man_made=tower and
optionally tower:type=observation/whatever your best guess is. (You can
also add tower tags to any of the tags above, if you think it's a good fit.)
- It's not a tower and you're not sure what it's for? Tag
building=yes/hut/shed/cabin/whatever.