[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC - Utility markers

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 22:43:53 UTC 2019

Hi all

The proposal to introduce marker=* key for all kind of utility markers is
about to be voted.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Utility_markers_proposal

All previous comments have been solved and any new one will be welcome.

Currently, more than 6k object are described with undocumented marker=stone
which conflicts a bit with proposed marker classification.
As those are mainly (to be determined on each situation) highway milestones
or private ground limits, they're not covered by this proposal
A suggestion would to define marker=milestone or marker=land_limit +
support=pedestal + material=stone.

All the best

François