[Tagging] Adding leisure=sports_hall to leisure=sports_centre page

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 12:16:51 UTC 2019

Re: "A sports hall, to me, is a building in an environment that is not
wholly about sports,so a building in school grounds or in a business
complex."

That's a useful definition.

Can anyone confirm if this is how it's being used? I believe most of
the original discussion was about features in Germany (Sporthallen?) -
I think these are the same as a school Gymnasium in the USA, but I'm
not sure.

I'm just concerned that with the current lack of definition on the
wiki page, people will start using it for features that are normally
tagged as sports centres in a single building, like a dedicated futsal
centre in Brazil or an indoor tennis centre in Indonesia, where words
like "sports hall" and "sports centre" may have no clear translation
into the local language.

- Joseph Eisenberg