[Tagging] mesh bicycle network

Hubert87 sg.forum at gmx.de
Wed Sep 11 22:03:36 UTC 2019

Hi,

i have stumbled over the post about rcn and cycling node networks and
was wondering if you guys might have a proposal for primary bicycle
route mesh network relation(s) like this one
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3585265, which is in Bremen, Germany.

It is neither a cycling node network nor a classical bicycle route but a
set of
guideposts(https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/AlXYW3arx59dkSlruUsWjg)
showing poi destinations and distances completed with addition smaller
signs (https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/9pqoiH4eH4o7Ieh6IXRnfg) in
between guideposts pointing in the right direction.

All classical bicycle routes seem to be part of this network, but it
contains more routes. Additionally these routes do not have a beginning
or end or a closed loops, but are more a kind of mesh like the node
network; except for the nodes.

Also, as far a I can tell, the main guidepost are sorted into 5 regions
(Nord, Süd, Ost, West, Mitte), which is coded in the small print
(mi=mitte) on the guideposts, as can be seen in the first example picture.

There is a discussion in the german forum
(https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=762131) about
deleting these relations and just tagging its highways with lcn=yes.
But I'd really looking for a different solution.
Can someone point me to a possible solution?

Yours
Hubert87