[Tagging] "part:wikidata=*" tag proposal for multiple elements connected to the same wikidata id

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 08:39:51 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 11. Sep 2019, at 20:23, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Where wikipedia articles in a language do not match the wikidata then the article or the wikidata
> is incorrect.

the problem is not black and white, things can match in wikipedia, partially. And several wikipedia articles can match to the same wikidata object (which then will be more or less duplicated, because every article has a wikidata object). That’s what I tried to say: there is various overlap, and it can be different in different languages. Unless articles are translations, it is clear that they will likely have different coverage / breadth in different languages. I am reading a lot of wikipedia in three languages, and inter language is often not matching nicely or has different coverage and structure, but isn’t easy to fix either. You may not notice if you only follow the language links, but you’ll see when you do a search for the same topics in the other language and find similar pages.

Cheers Martin