[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Campsite properties

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 23:02:16 UTC 2019

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 23:46, brad <bradhaack at fastmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's valid tag for a campsite,

I think it can be, on larger camp sites, which have several washing
machines in a
dedicated building.

 It's not much different than any other self service coin operated laundry.

Yes and no.  Many camp sites charge, and do so with a coin-op mechanism.
The problem
is tagging the access.  Those machines are generally available for use only
by people
staying on the site (they could accept anyone, but usually do not).  How
are you going
to tag that?  We don't have access=campers and access=customers doesn't
really
make sense because anybody using a coin-op machine is a customer.  It's
possible
we need access=residents, which would have possible usages in other
situations
such as camping site shops (some are open to non-residents) and things like
gyms or washing machines in apartment blocks.  But trying to use access=*
for
anything not related to transport gets a lot of (probably justified)
dissent.

--
Paul