[Tagging] Tourist bus stop

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 07:18:25 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 18. Sep 2019, at 17:36, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In simple signage, yes.  But if you asked most people do those signs apply to coaches
> you'd get a variety of answers, because most people think buses and coaches are
> different things (except for long-distance coaches, which are somewhat ambiguous).

ask the drivers, not „most people“, because if the signs don’t apply to you it is not important that you know the meaning. I don’t think we should map legal situations based on what we think that the majority thinks, but based on the legal situation. It should be clear to whom the sign applies, it should be coded in law.

It doesn’t matter whether different kind of vehicles are considered different „things“ by the people, we should have tags to unambiguously describe the legal situation and the vehicle classes that the law distinguishes.

Cheers Martin