[Tagging] [Key:phone] - Suggesting wiki page changing

Valor Naram valinora at gmx.net
Sat Sep 21 18:49:28 UTC 2019

I want to change the wiki page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:phone throw a Proposal process
to do certain things:
  - Deprecating `contact:phone`
  - Promoting `phone`
  - Extending `phone`
  - Protecting the wiki page against "wild changes" in the interest of
the community (to maintain a consistent use of `phone` because as one
of the most used keys on OSM we cannot use `phone` differently or not
following the specification at all. We simply cannot do that because
apps working this that key need a consistent tagging scheme.)

But before I do that, I will hear your voices. I included a Markdown
file with this e-mail and want to know what you think. Is there a
possibility to use Markdown in our wiki or to convert Markdown into
wiki formatting?

Cheerio

Sören Reinecke alias Valor Naram