[Tagging] [Key:phone] - Suggesting wiki page changing

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 18:51:57 UTC 2019

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 at 18:08, Valor Naram <valinora at gmx.net> wrote:

> So you suggest `phone:international` and `phone` beside of the other keys
> `phone:press`, `phone:night`, `phone:emergency`?

Every time somebody suggest that we don't need all the phone variants that
can be
found in the wild, you pop up interpreting that person as suggesting we
need even more.

What Colin suggested was that PERHAPS we need to deal with the situation
where the
phone has one number when dialled from within the same country but a
different number
when dialled internationally.  What he failed to notice is that the wiki
already suggests a
way of dealing with this (and it doesn't use phone:international).

You appear to be just flinging variants of phone at the wall in the hope
some will stick, possibly
so you can use those as a wedge to get whatever variant it is that you
really want.  If that is
what you're doing, I don't think it's helping your case because I'm rapidly
tiring of it and it
appears that many people think we don't need all the variants we already
have.

--
Paul