[Tagging] Was there every a proposal for the disused:key=* / abandoned:key=* lifecycle prefixes?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 12:09:46 UTC 2019

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 at 08:10, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 27. Sep 2019, at 13:52, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Another counter-argument: we don't have any tag indicating residential
> usage other
> > than building=house
>
> we do, there are terrace, duplex, villa, apartments, caravan, detached and
> probably more. They are implying residential purpose just the same as does
> „house“.

And they are all building=*.  We can have building=industrial +
amenity=place_of_worship +
religion=christian for a church in a unit on an industrial estate.  We
don't have that
orthogonality for residential uses.  Yes, there's building:use (which
didn't go through an
approval process) but it's not orthogonal to tags like amenity=*.

--
Paul