[Tagging] Route names that aren’t names

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Apr 1 10:21:30 UTC 2020

Yves wrote:
> Inevitably, the current situation is stained by the abilities of the
> actual renderer, and the other way around. Maybe those renderers
> should sit around a wiki page and document how ideal tag could be
> and how they can be used in rendering, also taking into account
> the ability to parse nested relations or not with their respective
> toolchain.

With my cycle.travel hat on: I already show route refs (as shields). I would
like to show route names without duplicating the ref or showing extraneous
information. I don't really mind whether the tag is name= or official_name=
or route_name= or brian= or whatever. Parsing nested relations is no
problem, I already do that.

To be honest, I'm perfectly happy to sit down for a day, armed with a bunch
of regexes, and go through the current list of names to get alternatives
that I can hard-code into cycle.travel. But that doesn't help anyone else!

Richard

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Tagging-f5258744.html