[Tagging] Route names that aren’t names

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:50:42 UTC 2020

Suggestion for rendering:

What about osmc:name=*

I know, doesn't exist, but it's a logical companion of osmc:symbol.

Definition would be: name to show on the map.
Definition should be: just the simple name as found in the field, or the
nae ecerybody knows and uses, no extra's.

As with osmc:symbol, it's not mapping for the renderer, but mapping for
rendering.
Implementation rule for the renderers: if exists osmc:name <use it>, else
<do what you do now>.

Best, Peter Elderson