[Tagging] Can highway=cycleway be limited to MTB?

Marc M. marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 10:49:55 UTC 2020

Hello,

Le 02.04.20 à 12:13, Yves a écrit :
> I disagree here, a cycle map should not ignore mtb:scale

please keep the principle of least surprise in mind.
highway=cycleway not-for-bicycle is like a "highway=footway + foo=no"
or like "building=yes fullydestroyed=yes"

I can't find the wiki page that says it so well,
but don't use a subtag that radically changes the main tag.
everyone must be allowed to limit themselves to the main tag
and have a limited but correct vision of what it is.
subtag ADD infos to the main tag.

imho highway=cycleway limited to MTB is a bad idea.
it should be a path

Regards,
Marc