[Tagging] Can highway=cycleway be limited to MTB?

Yves yvecai at mailbox.org
Thu Apr 2 10:13:44 UTC 2020

I disagree here, a cycle map should not ignore mtb:scale, and a cycle map for commuting should probably ignore mtb:scale beyond 1.
The exact same for footways and sac_scale.
There will always be discussions and mapper's errors for cycleway, so the safest way to go for a renderer or a router is to consider specialized tags such as mtb:*.
Yves
Yves Cainaud