[Tagging] Can highway=cycleway be limited to MTB?

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 09:52:26 UTC 2020

I agree with Martin here, if tags are used but not documented on the wiki,
discussion on the mailing lists or through a proposal process, how would
such tags hold any meaning? Different editors probably add it to mean
different things. We can't really make any assumptions about what they
mean, which is why this whole discussion exists so we can have some kind of
contract between people entering tags and people consuming data, so we have
a shared understanding of the meaning of those tags.

Anyone who's used the mtb= tags so far, it would be great to hear what this
was meant to mean.