[Tagging] Request for assistance in creating a tag.

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 07:57:09 UTC 2020

> Treatment hubs (in patient + dispensaries+ testing):

Are you sure you mean "inpatient?" An "inpatient" facility, in
American English, is a hospital which has beds where patients are
cared for overnight.

This would be mapped as amenity=hospital for the main feature, most likely.

> primary hiv care (dispensaries+testing)

You don't mention care by a nurse or physician, but I assume this is
an amenity=clinic (with physicians and nurses) which also has an
amenity=pharmacy in the same building. There might also be a
healthcare=laboratory at the location.

> testing centers/clinics (testing only)

Is this a doctor's office, or is there just a nurse, or just a
laboratory technician who can draw blood for the test? If there is a
doctor, it might be an amenity=doctors. If there is just a laboratory
for testing, that would be a healthcare=laboratory facility.

For the speciality, it's possible to use something like
healthcare:speciality=hiv if that's the only thing that the clinic
treats.

But here in Indonesia and back in the USA most clinics that treat HIV
also offer treatment for other infectious  conditions, so a different
specialty like healthcare:speciality=infectious_diseases would usually
be more correct.

I see that in the Phillipines the tag "disease:hiv=yes" has been used:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/disease%3Ahiv#map

In Indonesia and the USA you can get an HIV test at just about any
healthcare=laboratory and larger clinics and all hospitals. But if you
can only get this done at some specialized places in the Phillipines,
you could consider adding a tag like "hiv_testing=yes/no" for clinics,
doctor's offices, and laboratories.

Similarly, in the USA it's normal to be able to get hiv medications
from standard pharmacies. But if they are only available from a few
pharmacies in your country, you could add a tag like
"hiv_medication=yes/no" to an "amenity=pharmacy" facility.

It looks like "medical_service:antiretroviral_therapy=yes" has been
used in combination. That seems overlong and complex,  so it would not
have been my first choice:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/medical_service%3Aantiretroviral_therapy

-- Joseph Eisenberg