[Tagging] Request for assistance in creating a tag.

Mikko Tamura mikko.tamura at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 08:48:15 UTC 2020

Thank you for the wonderful insights. Currently, what we are tagging is the
hospital. So for example, Manila Hospital (tagged as a hospital) we add the
tags like disease:hiv=yes. say that it is a treatment facility and it
dispenses hiv medicine. But what i am having difficulty is that hiv
facility is treated like a department. You can put in the email address and
contact details of the hospital but if I add the contact details of the Hiv
facility it then gets mixed with the hospital details.

In this case A hospital can have a clinic specifically for HIV, and a
clinic can also have a small office for HIV patients (not specifically
another clinic).

Thanks Joseph and Warin most. of the cases are really similar here.

For treatment hubs - yes this is for inpatients similarly for the one you
described. This is are mostly hospitals but in some cases clinics. My
problem here is that a big hospital has alot of contact details for the
hospital so the information and contact details for the hiv treatment
facility are mixed.

For hiv care - yes it is a bit of all a combination. I cant tagged it as a
pharmacy as it only releases specific anti-retroviral drugs.

Currently We are using this tagging system as assisted by the local OSM
community in the Philippines.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/HIV_Facilities_Tagging_(MapBeks)

But I feel the feature gets overshadowed by the hospital/clinic/social
facility/office tag. Your thoughts would be very helpful.