[Tagging] Request for assistance in creating a tag.

Kovoschiz kovoschiz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:54:11 UTC 2020

>I think one issue is that healthcare tagging in OSM is a big of a mess.
There's the `healthcare`, `medical_service`, `health_service`,
`health_facility` etc. Some are probably from imports where someone
makes up a new tagging scheme, causing further fragmentation and confusion.

Seems the inactive/abandoned
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Healthcare_2.0, should
be the origin for some of the other tags, to which it is adopted/adapted. It
looks very complex, and had pushbacks at its time as well. To compare, there
are for example `disease:malaria=*`, `disease:ebola=*`, and some
`disease:covid19`, all in <1k use respectively.

>`hiv_{treatment,medication}=*` could work, but a more general approach
might be nice...

For the issue at hand, it may be clearer to consider "the thing to be
treated" (be it the virus, or the  virus disease), service, and facility
separately. Specialty is like a broader, higher-level, encompassing concept
that isn't really needed here yet.

Think we can negate what a service or facility excludes in particular easily
(by a virus/disease key suffix, or conditional tags), after tagging the
viruses/diseases relevant to the object in general first. This beats having
to exhaustively list out what each service supports.

ebel wrote

Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Tagging-f5258744.html