[Tagging] Refining heritage tag

António Madeira antoniomadeira at gmx.com
Fri Apr 17 02:26:25 UTC 2020

After communicating with lutz from Historic.Place, he told me they
didn't create this heritage scheme, they just adopted it.
I took the opportunity to present him my proposal of refining this
scheme and I got his support to go ahead with it, so I'm presenting it
here in order to make the necessary adjustments with a new proposal.

heritage=* - This is the main tag, which uses the admin_level [not changed].
heritage:operator=xxx - This is the tag for the official operator. I
propose using separators [;] in those cases where an heritage has an
international and a national operator.
heritage:ref:xxx=* - This tag is for the code/number reference of the
operator(s) above. It changes the previous ref:xxx=*
heritage:xxx:criteria=* - This tag is for the classification criteria
used by the xxx operator. It changes the previous xxx:criteria=*
heritage:xxx:inscription_date=* - This tag is used for the date the
heritage was officially registered by xxx operator. It changes the
previous xxx:inscription_date=*
heritage:xxx:designation_title=* - This tag is used for the heritage
title (international or national). This is new and is an attempt to
circumvent the use of protection_title=* which is wrong in this context.
heritage:xxx:website=* - Used for the heritage official website
(international or national).

Regards,
António.