[Tagging] Conditional destinations (hgv, bicycle, maxweight…)

David Marchal penegal.fr at protonmail.com
Sat Aug 1 13:48:48 UTC 2020

Hm, it seems a smart way to manage such cases; I could add the restrictions on the relation, like hazmat:water=no or maxweight=12. I assume that, in such cases, I must create a destination_sign relation for unrestricted destinations, and one for each destination restriction (if there are several restrictions, one relation for each restriction).

Is it widestream to have several destinations in one single relation, or is it necessary to add a relation per destination? Having one relation per destination would be a pain in the ass.

What about application support? Are destination_sign relations widely supported, or are they mostly ignored by software like Osmand?

I would like to add this possibility on the Wiki; do you think it would be necessary to fill a proposal, or could I just add it, as it is a simple, self-explaining, combination of preexisting tags?

Awaiting your answers,

Regards.
Nouvelle adresse mail : penegal.fr at protonmail.com